I was beating my brains trying to come up with something comics-related that I could offer as a print, and somehow I managed to mash together two of my favorite things.
After a few weeks of working on him, I’ve put the finishing touches on my second polymer clay marionette. I’ve named him Herbert.
Here are a few shots of the marionette attached to the final controller. Please disregard the chaos that is my desk.
This is still a work-in-progress, but I can’t resist sharing a sneak peek of my second polymer clay marionette. This is at the stage where I attached all his limbs, strung him up and tested him out with a temporary wooden controller.
This is a customizable, 3D chessboard, just rearrange the blocks to create different terrain and do battle.
Here is a small, polymer clay dragon bust finished last year.
Inspired after seeing the marionettes of Prague, I returned home to finish this project a few weeks later, which had been in the works for five years prior. Originally going to be papier mache, he is now finished in polymer clay.